15 minutes to get your company site ready!
Here is a step-by-step tutorial to get your new company website ready in 15 minutes.
With WordPress it’s easy to create and organize new pages or posts and menus but maybe you don’t have that time? If you are starting your business website from scratch we have a sample data import ready for you!
By importing the sample data you’ll get a basic structure (menu, pages and some sample posts) for your company website that is very similar to what you can see on BizVektor demo site. You might edit the content in order it matches your company information.
Before you start this step-by-step tutorial you need to have an installed WordPress running on your hosting server.
Now, let’s start and get your corporate website ready!
Install BizVektor theme
First step is to download BizVektor lastest version (free).
Then you need to install and activate BizVektor.
- Go to your WordPress administration panel
- Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme
- Browse and select BizVektor folder you’ve just downloaded
WordPress is processing to the theme installation.
You must click the Activate link after the theme is installed
We have preset a list of plugins you can use along with BizVektor theme such as Contact Form 7 which enables you to get one or more contact forms in your website.
From your WordPress site administration panel follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Plugins installation page: Plugins > Add New
- Click on “Favorites”
- Enter “bizvektor” then click on “Get Favorites” button
- Install plugins by clicking on “Install Now” button
Sample data import
Now you need to download and import the sample data to fill your website.
- Download the XML sample data above
- Important! Go to Pages > All Pages and delete all pages
- Upload data: Tools > Import and click on “WordPress” and on “Choose a file from your computer” then select the XML file you’ve just downloaded
(if a pop-up window appears, click on “Install Now” to install WordPress Importer then click on “Activate Plugin & Run Importer”)
- Import data:
- Assign posts of the sample data to an existing user (yourself)
- Check the “Download and import file attachments”
- Click on the “Submit” button to finish!
And you’re done with the sample data!
Note: you can personalize the sample data later but let’s finish with the quick start first!
We are going to set permalinks (URLs) in order to make them more SEO friendly.
- Go to Settings > Permalinks
- Check the “Custom Structure” on “Common Settings” section
- On the field that comes after your website’s main URL enter with the following:
- Click on “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page
Now your website’s URLs have the following structure: http://mycompany.com/category/postname.
Since you’ve imported the sample data XML menus are already created but you still have to activate them.
- Go to Appearance > Menus
- Select a menu under the “Select a menu to edit” dropdown menu
- Click on “Select” to display that menu
- Insert a check where you want the menu to display
- Save your menu setting with a click on “Save Menu”
Now the menus will display on your website! You can change the Menu Structure too.
- Go to Settings > Reading
- On the “Front page displays” section select “A static page”
- For the “Front page” select “HOME” (for Posts page let it default)
- Save your settings by clicking on “Save Changes” button at the end of the page
Under the Appearance > Widgets page temporarily delete all widgets included in the “Sidebar(Front page only)” area.
We’re going to fill your contact information under Appearance > Theme Options (Contact tab).
- Complete your contact information in the corresponding fields
- Enter link to contact page in “The contact page URL” field
- Click on “Save Changes” button
We’re almost done with the settings. Just a few more!
- Go to Appearance > Theme Options, Blog & Information tab
- Change “Blog” name into “Staff Blog“
- Change “Blog top URL” to
- Save changes
We’ve prepared two default contact forms with the sample data (both work along with Contact Form 7 plugin). You might edit the recipient mail address.
- Go to Contact > Contact Forms and click on a form to edit it
- Complete the “To:” field under “Mail” section
- Click on the “Save” button (top of page) to confirm changes
There is two different ways to edit colors or other graphic elements if you need to:
- Appearance > Theme Options or
- Appearance > Customize
Congratulations!! You finished the Quick Start settings of BizVektor free WordPress theme!